Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Alima Satin Matte Foundation




Shade: W3
Price: USD22.00

According to Alima's Webpage:

Silky, weightless and very forgiving, Alima Pure Satin Matte Mineral Foundation goes on easy and feels like nothing at all, naturally. It evens out your skin tone, enhances your complexion and reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores. And, with 60 shades, there's a match for just about everyone.

Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Mica (Sericite) (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77489) (No micronized ingredients used.)

My Opinion:
I've got this jar last year and it was working fine until winter when I got paler and less yellow. Recently I've got myself a tan and started using this again, but still found it slightly too yellow.
 
That's the major problem with minerals, they are less forgiving than liquids and it's very apparent when a shade doesn't match.

This foundation was actually quite good, but since I've started with EDM, and once I compare them I personally prefer EDM, it is just better milled.
 
However, it was a pain to color matched with EDM, while Alima has the best customer services that I've ever encountered, I've asked for their recommendation, and they've replied immediately and it was spot on. My shade isn't working right now and I've asked for their advice for a new shade and again got an immediate reply and they've actually taught me how to mix my own shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment