Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Eye and Lip Cream






Contents: 15ml (0.5 oz)
Price: HKD1,340.00
Local of Purchase: Galleria (duty free)


According to Nordstrom's webpage:

Guerlain was the first to unravel the mystery of the longevity of the orchid. Through its dedicated research platform, The Orchidarium, Guerlain has been unlocking the secrets of this exceptional flower for over ten years to offer the best in anti-aging skincare. The unique properties of three particularly resilient orchid species led to the development of the New-Generation Imperial Orchid Molecular Extract, which acts on the fundamental mechanisms of skin longevity. Reinforced by a remarkable ability to 'turn back cellular time,' this ultimate molecular concentrate maintains a growing number of young and active cells, while also increasing the skin cell's-life expectancy. Discover the new age-defying power for your eyes and smile.
Benefits:
  • Crow's feet are reduced by 43% upon application (instrumental test).
  • 3x more effective on eye-contour wrinkles than previous eye cream (clinical results).
  • Can be used on the entire eye contour, including the eyelid, as well as on and around the lips.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolyer, Butylene Glycol, Porpylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Squalene, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Steareth-21, Linum Usitatissimum (linseed) Seed Exctract, Orchid Exctract, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth-2, Glyceryl Hydroxystearate, Methylparaben, Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tromethamine, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Isobutylparaben, Carbomer, Sodium Hyalluronate, Phenoxythanol, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20,  Smithsonite Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptides-5, Eriobotrya Japonica Leaf Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3.

My Opinion:

This is the most expensive eye cream that I've ever purchased. I've started to use it since November last year (only at night), and I still have about half of it left, so I guess one bottle would last you well over a year.

Since this was such an expensive product, I was really having  great expectation about it, well I guess I was naive, because apart from hydrating, it really didn't do much to my under eye area.

Don't get me wrong, this is a really good hydrating eye cream, because since I've started to use it at night, I've noticed that I can basically use any eye cream and concealer for the day time and my under eye area would still look presentable, no lines creeping out.

Before I've started with this eyecream, I was very fussy about concealers, because most of them tend to crease on me, but since I've started to use this eye cream, I've noticed that I can get away with dryer concealers.

No comments:

Post a Comment