Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Body Shop DeoDry Deodorant Stick Chilled & Breezy



Contents: 55g / 1.9oz
Price: HK$89.00

According to the Body Shop's webpage:

This dry-effect stick deodorant contains no aluminium salts or parabens. A unique blend of volcanic minerals and essential oils gives 24-hour odour protection.
  • Zero aluminium salts
  • 24-hour odour protection
  • Minimises white marks
  • Cool, crisp fragrance
 
Ingredients: Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water (Astringent), Ceteth-20 (Emulsifier), Perlite (Absorbent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Alcohol (Solvent/Diluent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eucalyptus Radiata Leaf Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Cymbopogon Flexuosus Oil (Masking Agent), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Essential Oil), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Bud Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Satureia Montana Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil).
 
My Opinion:
 
I don't usually review deodorants, but I really had to rant about this product. Just before I start I need to clarify that I don't usually have strong body odour, and nobody has ever told me that I smell, so you could imagine how humiliated I was when I found out the source of the smelly scent was actually coming from me.
 
I've put on the deodorant early in the morning and sprayed on some perfume before I went to work, at around mid day I've started to notice something smelly, and I was virtually sniffing inside my office trying to figure out what was the scent, and it has actually cross my mind that there might be a dead mousse somewhere, until I lifted up my arms and realize that the strong disgusting smell was actually coming from me.
 
On itself this product wasn't strongly scented, a light fresh marine scent, but somehow with my body chemistry it has turned into something gross, I've never smelled this bad, I had to run to the bathroom and wipe it off and I've sprayed nearly 1/3 of a bottle of my perfume to get rid of the scent.
 
This went straight to the bin.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment