Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

Positively Radiant Daily Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30




Shade: Medium
Contents: 2.5 fl oz / 75ml
Price: US$8.00
Local of Purchase: Ulta

According to Ulta's webpage:

Description
The only tinted moisturizers with clinically proven Total Soy Complex to brighten and even skin tone while providing SPF 30 sun protection. Natural, light-reflecting minerals and lightweight coverage blend away skin imperfections and immediately bring out skin's natural radiance. Choose from two luminous shades to blend seamlessly with your skin: Fair to Light and Medium. These elegant formulas provide extraordinary natural radiance and coverage at a much smarter price than the leading department store brand. This moisturizer is also oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic.

Directions
Apply generously and evenly before sun exposure and as needed. Children under 6 months of age; ask a doctor. Store at room temperature.
Feature
  • Oil Free
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-Comedogenic
  • Contains Sunscreen
 
Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Iron Oxides, Isohexadecane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica, P-Anisic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyquaternium-51, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 60, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Neopentanoate, Silica, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Trehalose, Urea, Water, Xanthan Gum.
 
My Opinion:
 
I know that it's officially Summer, because my foundation won't stay put, is meltting and sliding all over the place, and during summer I usually stick with either BB creams or mineral foundations, but for this year, my skin is unusually dry and I wanted to try a tinted moisturizer (even though I've never liked it).

I've decided to give Aveeno's tinted moisturizer a try because I've really liked the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer, but sadly this tinted moisturizer didn't work for me, initially the shade was slightly too dark, but since I do get darker in the summer, I thought that it might work later. However as the day progresses I've noticed that this product oxidizes pretty badly and there was no way that I'll use it again.

Update 22nd September 2013:
I've really tanned this summer, so recently I got this out again to try, although it's still slightly too dark for me, I was able to pull thru.

As a tinted moisturizer the coverage was pretty good, but even on top of a oil control primer, it left my T zone really oily after about 2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. These are nice tips for skin. This is so true that in the summer we should take more care about skin. Aim for about 32 ounces a day. It’s also a great way to flush out toxins.

    Regards,
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete