Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel

Contents: 30ml / 1 fl oz
Price: HK$388





According to the package:

Contains hyaluronic acid, the body's natural hydrator, to bind moisture to the skin. enriched with vitamin B5, this hydrating gel helps maximize the benefits of your daily moisturizer. Optimal for all skin types.

Directions: Once or twice daily, apply 2-3 drops to face, neck and chest avoiding the eye area. may also be applied to other dehydrated areas.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Sodium Hyaluronate, Pantothenic Acid, Phenoxyethanol.

My Opinion:
If you have been following my blog, you would know that I always have a bottle of hyaluronic acid with me, because that's my holy grail item when my skin is dry.

I've finished my Bicelle B5 gel and started with this one, I think the Bicelle one is a bit more sticky while Skinsceuticals absorbs faster, but I seriously don't see much of a difference.

I've been reading others reviewing this product and was surprise to find out that people claims that it didn't work for them. I know that each person reacts differently to different skin care product, but with hyaluronic acid, there's a trick that you have to follow in order for them to work, and I was wondering whether these people are using it correctly.

To start with this product, for face has to be damp, I always spritz water on my face and while is still damp I applied the gel, and before the gel is fully absorbed (don't wait for it to dry)apply your facial cream or mask. By following these few steps, hyaluronic acid should work.

This might sound funny, but hyaluronic acid in itself does nothing to your skin, you have to use it in conjuctions with other skincare product for it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment