Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Shu Uemura Nobara Cream Cover Stick


 



Shade: 564
Contents: 11g / 0.38oz
Price: HK$290.00

According to Shu Uemura's webpage:

A new stick version of shu uemura's cult favorite, Nobara Cream Foundation, formulated to give the instant high coverage of a concealer with the smooth glide of a foundation.  
 
Ingredients: dimethicone neopentyl glycol dicaprate isotridecyl isononanoate synthetic wax ceresin talc diisostearyl malate sorbitan sesquioleate phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate alumina aluminum hydroxide tocopherol canola oil [+/- may contain ci 77891 / titanium dioxide ci 77491, ci 77499, ci 77492 / iron oxides mica]
 
My Opinion:
 
While I was researching for this product I came across Karla Sugar's blog and got some interesting info about the numeration of Shu's foundation:
 
The first digit tells you how pink or yellow the foundation is: 1 is the most pink; 9 is the most yellow; 5 is neutral. The second digit goes from black to white. A second digit of 0 has the most black/is the darkest; a second digit of 9 is the lightest. The third digit tells you chroma — whether the undertone of the foundation is blue or violet)
 
Back to the product, personally I love stick foundation, because it's super convenient and easy to travel with, however, most of them tend to be pretty dry. After reading lots of raves about Nobara I got one to try out, and personally I still think that this is kind of dry, but definetly better than the others stick foundation that I've tried.
 
What I've been doing it layering this on top of my By Terry Eclat de Rose Sheer Tinted Moisturizer (which provides 0 coverage, but I have every intention to finish the tube because it has costs me lots of $$$). I don't use this all over my face, only in trouble areas (i.e. center of my face), and have been loving the results.
 
My only advise is not to apply this under your eyes, because it will dry out your under eye area and all the lines will just show thru (not an attractive look).

No comments:

Post a Comment