Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask







Contents: 70g / 2.5oz
Local of Purchase: Watsons
Price: HK$699.00 (This was the price for the PA solution kit that I got, which had 4 items)
 
According to Proactiv webpage:
 
Fans call it their 'secret weapon'. Designed to soothe skin as well as help keep new breakouts from getting started.
  • Works to clear and help prevent blemishes.
  • Penetrates pores for a deep clean.
  • Enriched with Omega-6 to help keep skin balanced and toned.
  • Controls oil without drying your skin .
How to use it
  • Use 2-3 times per week
  • For best results, start with Cleanse - Step 1 to remove dirt, oil and impurities and leave your skin with a clean slate
  • Apply to dampened skin and leave on for 15minutes
  • Rinse thoroughly with warm water
  • For best results, follow with Tone - Step 2 and Repair - Step 3
Tip: Just apply and leave on overnight for stubborn pimples
 
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycereth-26, Sulfur, Omega-6, Linoleic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ceteareth-20, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Omega -3, Linolenic Acid, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Ethoxydiglycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Kaolin (CI 77004), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).
 
My Opinion:
Every now and then my skin will break out really badly, and several years ago when Proactiv was launched in HK, I got the PA solution kit to try out.
 
This kit came with a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and this mask. I've never reviewed this kit before because I've only used it twice and end up gaving it away. The whole set together was just toooooo drying for my skin, I was flaking all over.
 
The only item from the kit that I've kept was the Refining mask, this is actually a sulfur mask which really helps in controlling oil, but please bear in mind that it smells awful.
 
Although I've really liked this mask, I don't think I'll be repurchasing, because I was told that acnefree does have a sulfur mask that works in exactly the same way but is a lot cheaper. I think that's what I'm going to try next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment