Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review - Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral

MAYBELLINE PURE LIQUID MINERAL - HEALTHY NATURAL LIQUID FOUNDATION

I've got the Asian version for this product, which should be equivalent to the US version of
MAYBELLINE MINERAL POWER NATURAL PERFECTING LIQUID FOUNDATION.


This is the amount of one squirt, and i usually need 2 squirts for my whole face.


I've lay this really thick so you can see it's coverage, which is basically no coverage.

I've got this at Watson's for HK$119, which is about US$17, it's twice the price of the US version which retails for US$8.29. I have already gone through half a bottle, and the color that I have is OC1 (neutral undertone), in terms of MAC I'm a NC25.

Pros:
  • lightweight
  • will not clog pores (didn't break me out)
  • oil free
  • talc free
  • fragrance fee
  • SPF18 PA+++

Cons:

  • no coverage (it will even out your skintone, but it doesn't cover anything at all)
  • limited selection of shades (I know that the American version comes in 16 shades, but the Asian version only comes in 5 shades, and apart from OC1, which is a neutral shade, all the other shades are either too yellow or too orange
  • no staying power (I've applied this at 7 in the morning, and by lunchtime, it's all gone, when i remove my makeup in the evening there's actually nothing there for me to remove....)

My Opinion:

If you have really good skin that doesn't need any coverage, and if you only need a foundation for a few hours, than buy it. But personally I won't be buying this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment