Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Nexcare Acne Dressing (Beware: Gross picture ahead)








Contents, Price and Local of Purchase: Comes in several box sizes

18pcs/ box (HKD29.50 - Bonjour):
0.8cm x 12pcs
1.2cm x 6pcs

36pcs/ box (HKD39.90 - Watsons):
0.8cm x 24pcs
1.2cm x 12pcs

15pcs/box (HKD42.00 - Bonjour):
1.5cm x 15pcs


According to 3M's webpage:

  • Absorb secretion, protect from dirt and contaminants, and promotes healing of acne.
  • No medication dressing reduces the chances of skin allergy or dried
  • Reduce infection by reducing the contacts of hands or other contaminants
Directions:
  1. Clean and dry the skin and hands thoroughly.
  2. Remove the film at the back of an acne dressing and cover it on the acne. Fix it tightly by pressing on the rim.
  3. Replace when acne dressing turns white (indicating full absorption of secretion).
  4. Store unused acne dressing in a cool, dry place.
  5. The acne dressing should be applied before wearing make-up.

My opinion:
If I have to name only one product as my favorite for 2011, it would be this acne dressing. This is a gel patch that will absorb all the pus from your acnes, and it will speed up the healing process.

I always have the tendency in breaking out on the same spot, but since I have started using this product, it has never happened again.

I should have reviewed this product ages ago, but I was always debating about showing a used patch (gross...I know), anyway the last picture above is a used patch with the pus sucked out.

I've tried acne dressing from other brands, but none of them works like this, and I'm going to stick with it.

I've got a few tips for you when using this product:
  1. it only works on acne that has got a wound in it, it won't work on those acnes that are red and swollen without any visible infection (my trick is to use a needle and slightly scratch the surface and apply the dressing on top of it);
  2. this won't work under makeup, don't believe the instruction. I usually use it overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment