Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Maybelline Express Care

Contents: 90ml
Price: HKD$36.70 (got this during promotion, usually retails for HKD$49.00)
Local of Purchase: Mannings


According to Maybelline's webpage:


New Eye Studio Express Care Makeup Remover is specially formulated to combine effective cleansing with gentleness.

  • 2 in 1 formula clears eye and lip makeup effortlessly, using a blend of makeup remover oil and the freshness of cleansing water. 
  • Extra gentle: Formulated for the delicate skin around the eyes, ideal for sensitive skin
  • Skin is left feeling soft and supple

For Best Results

Shake well before use. Soak a cotton pad with the lotion and gently wipe away makeup.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate,  Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Dipotassium Posphate, Sodium chloride, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, potassium phosphate green6

My Opinion:

I think everyone that has been following my blog knows by now that I'm not too fussy about my eye makeup remover, because I don't wear much eye makeup and I hardly wear water proof stuffs around my eyes.

I only use eye makeup remover to remove my undereye concealer and I have 3 basic requirements, 1. does not sting my eyes, 2. does not cause millia, 3. removes my concealer, and this products fulfills all my requirements.

I've read alot of people comparing this product with Lancome Bi-Facil and claiming that they are both made by the same company, and since I do have a sample size of this product with me I though I might as well do a comparison.


Lancomes Bi-Facil ingredients list:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dipotassium Phosphate Copper Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Phosphate, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, CI 161565.

The first 3 ingredients are identical, and for the rest of the ingredients they are almost the same only in a different order.

Honestly I really didn't notice much of a difference between these 2 products, so personally I would call it a good dupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment