Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

My skin has always been sensitive during the spring, but this year was awful, for most of the time it was either red or slightly swollen, I've been applying topical ointment prescribed by the derm for nearly a month, and although it did help to calm it down, once I stop using it, it starts to freak out again.
 
In order to improve my current situation, I've actually changed my basic skin care regime and have my fingers crossed hoping that it might improve, so I'm going to spend the rest of this week recounting what I've been using.
 
Let's start with the cleanser:

Contents: 16 fl oz
Price: HK$89.00
Local of Purchase: Bonjour
 
According to Cetaphil's webpage:
 
As gentle as it gets.
Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for daily makeup removal. Originally formulated for dermatologists, this cleanser is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin’s needs. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, or disturb the skin’s natural pH balance. This dermatologist-recommended cleanser is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults.
 
Ingredients: Water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.
 
According to the package:
 
Cetaphil cleanser is easy to use:
 
With Water: Apply to the skin and rub gently. Rinse
 
Without Water: Apply a liberal amount to the skin and rub gently. The unique, low lathering formula allows gentle, yet thorough cleansing. Remove excess with a soft cloth, leaving a thin film of Cetaphil on the skin. The emollient quality will leave the skin soft and moist.
 



My Opinion:

This product was actually recommended to me by my dermatologist, and I've been using it every morning for nearly 3 weeks. The reason why I only use it in the morning is because I prefer a foam cleanser, only after washing my face with a foam cleanser will I actually feel cleanse (I know I'm weird).
 
Back to the product, I always rinse my face with water after cleansing with this product because I does leave a film behind and I do not like it, especially during the hot humid summer days, but I think this might be good for someone with really dry skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment